Logmore's New Logger 1: Revolutionizing Single-Use Data Logging with Sustainability in Mind
As the world grows increasingly reliant on technology and data, there's no denying the importance of monitoring conditions with data loggers in various industries.
From the transportation of temperature-sensitive products to maintaining optimal environmental conditions in warehouses, data loggers have become indispensable tools for businesses.
However, as demand for these devices increases, so does the potential for waste and ecological impact. That's where Logmore comes in with a groundbreaking new product, Logmore Data Logger 1, making temperature monitoring easier, more cost effective and sustainable than ever before.
Logmore Data Logger 1: The Lowest-Cost Logmore Device
We now announce a new addition to our catalogue of hybrid data loggers. Similar to other Logmore devices, it allows users to easily read condition monitoring data with a smartphone and automatically upload the data to the cloud for further analysis. What sets Logger 1 apart from its peers is its optimization for single-use cases and its affordability. As the lowest-cost Logmore device, Logger 1 aims to address the needs of businesses seeking a budget-friendly, single-use data logger without compromising on accuracy, quality and functionality.
How to consider Sustainability even with Single-Use devices?
Logmore Data Loggers have been designed to be used multiple times, with a battery life of multiple years and the ability to manage several individual shipments via the Logmore Cloud service. While Logmore's existing data logger catalogue caters to a wide range of applications, we recognized a significant gap in the market: A considerable portion of the world's data logger usage is based on single-use devices, which are often discarded after fulfilling their purpose. This results in the generation of considerable electronic waste, which has severe ecological implications.
By creating Logger 1, we wish to demonstrate our commitment to sustainability and waste reduction, even in situations that drive companies to less sustainable solutions. Although the entire Logmore data logger catalogue could technically be used for the same purposes, the company has chosen to create a specific model tailored for short-lifetime use. Optimizing the design resulted in 40% reduction both in the amount of Lithium and the number of electronic components in the device, while still meeting the high expectations of businesses transporting temperature-critical shipments like pharmaceuticals.
The Advantages of Logger 1 for Single-Use Applications
- Affordability: As the lowest-cost Logmore device, Logger 1 is an accessible option for businesses of all sizes. Its competitive pricing enables companies to monitor their data without breaking the bank.
- Ease of use: Logger 1 is designed with simplicity in mind. It's connected to the user-friendly Cloud which allows it to integrate seamlessly into existing systems, making it easy for businesses to adopt the device for their needs.
- Sustainable design: Logger 1 is manufactured with sustainability as a top priority. By focusing on single-use applications, we could leverage smaller batteries and further optimize the use of electronic components. This helps reduce electronic waste and the overall ecological impact of data logger usage.
- Reliable performance: Despite its affordability, Logger 1 does not compromise on quality or performance. All Logger 1 devices are 3-point calibrated, and so businesses can trust this device to provide accurate and consistent data logging, ensuring their operations run smoothly.
- Scalability: Logger 1's cost-effective design makes it an ideal solution for businesses looking to scale the transparency of their logistics. Companies can easily implement multiple Logger 1 devices for various single-use applications without significant financial burden.
The cloud-enabled hybrid data-logging solution being available at this price point is a game-changer to the companies reliant on single-use data loggers. As an added bonus, replacing traditional single-use loggers, or multi-use loggers being used as single-use devices, helps reduce the carbon footprint and electronics waste.